- Horticulture Care Morton Arboretum
- Tree and Plant Diseases Morton Arboretum
- Tree and Plant Insect Pests Morton Arboretum
- Search Trees and Plants Morton Arboretum
- Invasive Insect Pests omafra
- List of Active Ingredients Authorized for Cosmetic Uses In Ontario
- Pesticide Regulations Canada
- Diseases and Pests Government of Canada
- Using Growing Degree Days For Insect Management University of New Hampshire
- Pests and Problems Missouri Botanical Garden
- Insect and Disease Factsheets U of Maine
- BugGuide.net insect ID
- Cornell Plant Disease Fact Sheets
- Cornell Vegetable Growing Guides
- Cornell Vegetable MD Online
- Frost-date calculator Canada
- Frost-date calculator U.S.A.
- Is This Plant a Weed? tool
- Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides
- Rutgers Weed ID tool
- Weed ID and Management/UC Davis
- Weed ID tool/University of Illinois
- Ontario Invasive Plant Council
- Ontario’s Invading Species
- FineGardening Pronunciation Guide
- International Society of Arboriculture > Publications
- ORGANOCIDE® BEE SAFE Insect Killer (allowed for home use in Ontario)
- ORGANOCIDE® BEE SAFE 3-in-1 Garden Spray (allowed for home use in Ontario)
- Safers Trounce an organic insecticide. Active ingredients are potassium salts of fatty acids 20%, pyrethrins 0. 2% (not available in Ontario and New Brunswick).
- BotaniGard ES: a biological insecticide containing Beauveria bassiana strain GHA, an entomopathogenic fungus (available for use in Ontario but not for home gardeners).
- MycoStim™ is a biological soil and root inoculant with beneficial Mycorrhizae.
- American Boxwood Society
- American Conifer Society
- American Hosta Society
- American Hydrangea Society
- American Iris Society
- American Ivy Society
- American Rose Society
- Cactus and Succulent Society of America
- Herb Society of America
- Heritage Rose Foundation
- International Lilac Society
- Magnolia Society International
- Native Plant Trust (former New England Wild Flower Society)
- North American Lily Society
- Organic Seed Alliance
- North American Butterfly Association
- SERENADE GARDEN Broad-spectrum fungal and bacterial control. Active ingredient QST 713 strain of Bacillus subtilis (allowed for home garden use in Ontario).
- ORGANOCIDE® Plant Doctor® Systemic Fungicide earth-friendly broad spectrum disease control and preventative.
- Streptomycin an antibiotic that works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria. (Streptomyces acidiscabies strain rl-110t and thaxtomin are allowed for Ontario home gardeners.)
- Actinovate active ingredients symbiotic beneficial bacterium, Streptomyces lydicus WYEC108 (available in Ontario but not for home gardeners).
- Myclobutanil (Immunox) available in Ontario but not for home gardeners.
- Captan phthalimide class of fungicides (not available to home gardeners in Ontario).
- Bordeaux (a copper based fungicide). Following is a recipe for Bordeaux mix from the Gov. of Canada. (2 oz. copper sulphate to 1 gal. of water and 3 oz of hydrated lime in 2 gal. of water. Pour the copper sulphate solution into the lime water and strain through a cheese cloth. Use the solution immediately after mixing and also fresh lime is essential not some left over from the previous season. (Allowed for Ontario home gardeners.)